Friday, August 28, 2009

Move in Day Pt. 1

I have to say that Wednesday was one of the most surreal days in our lives. A day to be excited about, a day to be incredibly terrified of, it was the college move day for Emilee. I don't know that anyone really wanted the summer to end, but we all knew this day would come. Its a incredibly overwhelming realm of emotions, it really is. You are excited that a new chapter of growth is starting, a new phase of your life, but you feel this overwhelming helplessness that comes with having to just......let.......her........go.....

We grew up with Emilee, we were such kids when we became parents. I remember feeling the exact same way I did Wednesday.........excited, scared, blessed, overwhelmed, proud.

You never forget the first time you hold them.....when they walk.....when they say your name the first time.....when you drop them off at daycare.....when they go to school.....the first time you leave them overnight. God stamps those moments in your mind but more importantly he etches them on your heart. Incredible how much he lets us in on.

But we all survived...or mostly anyway. The goodbye was tough...IT WAS SO TOUGH!

On the move....


Hello, you can't move without food and drink or ice cream.


Is this college or prison?


I want you to move this over here dad, I changed my mind.


Get your Lion Camp on!


Look what we stole at Chick-Fil-A......mints! Is that considered a meal?

Gosh this crap is heavy!


Well my internet works that makes us happy!

Tunes and TV!


Mimi giving instructions.


Mimi giving more instructions, and screwing up the shelves! HA HA!


Em......it's almost time for us to go. Please don't look at us that way.


I told you Goodbye's were TOUGH!


Were going back this weekend to finish it up so I'll will Post the finished product. Class starts Monday!

2 comments:

  1. UGH, I almost got the tears just reading this. I remember how super sad I was when we left Angie at college & then 4 yrs later when Angie & mom left ME. I think you described the feeling well! I can't wait to go check out the dorm. I know EM will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get the tears reading this! KFOO and Tara are such great parents!

    ReplyDelete