Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hmmmm....He said what? He did not.

So I thought I always had plenty to say until I clicked on create Blog...now I am speechless it seems. I don't know if I will really have a theme like cooking or such, I think I might more just jump around and spout randomness. In fact I know I will. Any who. Mark, Set. Go!!!!

So Em (the oldest) gets in the car after church......distraught. She proceeds to tell me that in her class this morning her teacher told them that if things aren't going wrong in their lives their probably not living the "right" life. That their not in God's will. Seriously? He said that? So let me get this straight if we as Christians don't have problems continuously were not in God's will? Ever read Isaiah 41:10? What about Psalm 9:10?

Pretty ridiculously deep topic for a first post but I said it would be random. So scripture tells us that God is the author of EVERYTHING (
Matthew 28:18), not ANY leeway in that statement, ZERO! Maybe......just maybe....in all of God's wisdom, the reason some people have more struggles, hurt, or pain has nothing to do with there threat to Satan or there ability to carry out the great commission, but has more to do with there relationship or lack thereof with Jesus? Maybe you have problems cause God is reeling you in, or he is exposing something in your life that has become your "God"? Gosh has he never heard of sin, and that sin has a consequence that being judgment??? Ecclesiastes 12:14

Amazing how much people are formed from things they hear.....even crotchety old baptist....can't we just sticks to the facts? They have held up pretty well on there own.

2 comments:

  1. great first post. made me think. thank you. Am anxious to hear from you a lot.

    ReplyDelete